Skip to main content
Recent Posts
Support / Using Other map still uses Google Maps?
Last post by picht -
Hi

I have set up the alternate map to use openstreet map.
When selecting Other on the map the map still shows "Google" at the bottom left
Did I do any mistake in the setup?

Regards
Picht
Support / Coordinate changed upon save
Last post by picht -
Hi

I experienced that i copied a coordinate from a page and pasted it into a new waypoint for a cache.
When looking at the coordinate again it had changed.
I'm not sure if there is a problem with an extra space in the coordinate, but it seems a bit "dangerous" that it just changes without any warning.

Tried with the geocaching website and the same coordinates were no problem there

I've seen it a couple of times before - leadig to an extra walk, but this time I got a video  :)

/Picht
Requests / Re: Brighter highlight colors
Last post by picht -
I see your point with the colors on the lists.

A couple of suggestions:
  • Make the colors user definable in the settings. With a warning that warns people to not make to bright colors. Then it is up to the user to find a color that suits both if needed. One of the strengths of this app is (imho) all the different settings you can do to customise the app so suit your needs.
  • Use the left part that is now used to color code the caches according to difficulty for the highlight. User defined off course. Until now I haven't met anyone that uses the color coding feature and most I asked didn't know what the colors were anyway. This would not hinder the usability of the lists.

Well, this was just a request to make the app even more usable for more people  :)
But I don't think you agree, so I'll just continue using GSAK/GPS for this mapping functionality

/Picht
Last post by Geooh GO -
With a map density like that there is no way anyone could make caches stand out via color.

You can zoom in, you can turn on dark map, you can turn off favorites badges... anything to reduce visual complexity. Turning highlights into bold colors will just mess up usability of lists by hindering ability to read text.
Last post by picht -
Looking at the screenshots attached.
There are 3 caches that are highlighted, but it is almost impossible to see them on the map.  ;)
Looking at the list doesn't help me see them on the map
Last post by picht -
For the lists the highlight colors are fine.

My wish was to have more bright colors when highlighting caches on the map.
Last post by picht -
Yes, but the highlight is barely visible on the map.
And in a big city with hundreds of caches they are not sticking out and hence you can't see where they are without having to look at each one of them