Skip to main content
Topic: Galaxy Watch issue (Read 1042 times) previous topic - next topic

Galaxy Watch issue

I've just bought a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and put Geooh Go onto it. I am able to load a geocache onto the watch, but the app does not track my location at any point after synchronisation. The compass still works (i.e. the map rotates when necessary) but my icon does not move from the location where I synced, and in compass mode the distance to the cache does not change (either decreasing or increasing).

This appears to be an app issue as other location-based apps work fine with the watch, but I'm also wondering if there's anything I'm missing - a setting or something?

Re: Galaxy Watch issue

Reply #1
Your location on the watch is handled by Google maps which Geooh uses. Do the other location apps use Google maps? Can you open the Google map app on the watch and see your location changing?

Check to see if the watch GPS is enabled or not. Flip the setting to see if it has an effect. Try rebooting the watch too.

Reply #2
I have already tried all of the above steps, and:
1) Google Maps works perfectly on its own
2) The watch GPS is enabled, I keep it on all the time. Flipping the setting has no effect
3) Resetting the watch has no effect

Reply #4
Correct, and correct. The apps have both been given the highest permission possible in terms of location.

Reply #7
No, High Accuracy has always been turned on in Geooh settings.

I'm guessing there's no emulator because there's fewer watches with it at the moment? If that's the case I presume my best course of action is "wait patiently and have a coffee".

Reply #10
My geocaching username is CJ-Curry - same as my forum name here.

Reply #13
That could be it, I use the Galaxy Wearable app. I did give the Google WearOS app a try but it wouldn't recognise the watch, presumably because I already have it set up with Wearable (and I also presume I'd have to factory-reset the watch if I wanted to use the Google app).

Reply #14
Someone else has a similar issue where the Samsung app messed things up until they installed Google's app. I don't think Samsung and Google have got everything working together yet. When developing the companion watch app, Google has developers use their Wear OS app for connections.

I updated Geooh to verify Google's app is installed before enabling Geooh Wear support so hopefully that's the fix.