Skip to main content
Topic: Errors logging cache and visiting trackables (Read 21 times) previous topic - next topic

Errors logging cache and visiting trackables

Hi,

I'm a new user, so I'm probably stuffing something up here, so maybe you can help.

When I log a cache, and I've got visit trackables turned on in settings, I get a couple of errors which I've screen shot and attached. It happens consistently, and on the first error screen I get 3 errors, one for each of the trackables I'm trying to visit. I'm not adding any other information to the log trackable section of the logging screen.

Thank you

Re: Errors logging cache and visiting trackables

Reply #2
Groundspeak requires a log for the trackable. In settings for the Visit Trackables enter a log to use for each trackable. I'll update Geooh to make the log required so this won't happen again.

You could also check Include Log Text and Images on Trackable Logs to force a TB log.

Reply #3
Thanks for that. When I log a cache and visit trackables via the website, it looks like it creates an empty log(I just had a look) - do you have to live by different rules when interacting via the api?

Still, It’s easy to add a default log for each trackable, so the problem is solved for me.

Thanks again

Reply #4
Yes, the API which 3rd party developers use requires a value in the log otherwise you get the error you encountered. Geooh can minimize the impact by letting you define a default log for TB visits... or check to copy the cache log to the TB log automatically.

Reply #5
> or check to copy the cache log to the TB log automatically.

Sounds like a great option to me :) [ would it update the TB log if I edited the cache log, say, to add a photo or a sentence later?]

Thanks for a awesome app, and for being so responsive