Skip to main content
Topic: Can't create projection waypoint (Read 36 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't create projection waypoint

Hi,
I'm trying to create a new waypoint by entering bearing and distance. But it fails due to invalid values. I think it is caused by localization as in Czech we are using coma as decimal separator. And I'm not able to enter values without decimal part or with dot instead of coma.

Check attached screenshots please.

Re: Can't create projection waypoint

Reply #1
Yes, the projection was looking for decimal places and not properly applying the locale. It's been fixed and will be in the next release... coming out tomorrow.

Thanks for the report!

Reply #2
Thanks for the quick reply.

Reply #3
Hi,
I've tested it during weekend and I'm able to enter degrees with coma as decimal delimiter now, but for some reason, the result is incorrect.

Input coordinates: N49° 44.574' E018° 33.545'
Bearing: 93°
Distance: 60m

Geooh calculated: N49° 44.614' E018° 33.395'
But according other tools it should be: N49° 44.572' E018° 33.595'

I've tried it several times, but the result was always the same.

Reply #4
Update. I've just noticed that when I manually enter N49° 44.574' E018° 33.545', after hit of "set" button, app show 44.595 instead 44.574. And projection is calculated from this incorrect value.

Reply #5
Looks like more adjustments were needed for locale formatting (decimals vs commas). Try it again when the next release comes out.

Thanks for the report!

Reply #6
Hi,
I'm not sure if this should be allready corrected, but in latest version is the latitude coordinate still incorrectly copied between screens.

Reply #7
Can you verify on other locations? I can't get it to fail for me.

Reply #8
Hi,
it happen to me each time. But it looks like, coordinates are copied correctly, but then is updated by map?
Please check the video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tYSi1ryWSetWz6SY7

I've opened cache details, hit "Add Waypoint" and then clicked to the compass icon. There is N49° 40.155' shown for a while, but then is updated to N49° 40.174'. It is strange, only "N" is updated.

I''m on HTC U11 Life with Android 9.

Reply #9
OK, found the issue... Android would slightly move the map when first loading which updated coordinates when it shouldn't have. I worked around it so things appear to work as expected now. The fix will be in the next release.

Thanks for the information and video!