Skip to main content
Topic: Map ICON remains as a draft after posting a find (Read 41 times) previous topic - next topic

Map ICON remains as a draft after posting a find

I usually draft my finds during the day and post them as finds from my laptop later in the day. I posted this one yesterday as found and the live map today still shows it as a draft.

Re: Map ICON remains as a draft after posting a find

Reply #1
Did you post the find with Geooh? Did you refresh the geocache so Geooh gets all the updated information from Groundspeak if updated outside of the app?

Reply #2
Did you post the find with Geooh?  I posted the draft on Geooh. I posted the find on my laptop at geocaching.com
Did you refresh the geocache so Geooh gets all the updated information from Groundspeak if updated outside of the app? I refreshed the live map and it does not change. Is there another way to refresh?

Reply #3
Since you didn't use Geooh to promote the draft to an actual log, Groundspeak still thinks there is a draft on the cache. On the website there is no way to handle drafts... only through apps that use their API. So the draft still exists on Groundspeak servers and there is no way for any API app (Geooh or other) to understand the user's intention regarding what to do with it... could be a draft for an additional log entry or something else. So either delete the draft through Geooh (or other API app)... which removes it off the Groundspeak servers... or promote it from the app instead of logging the draft equivalent through a web browser. There is not much else Geooh can do. It can be confusing, but this is how Groundspeak has implemented drafts. Does that help?

Reply #4
You are right. It was still a draft on geocaching.com. Not sure why as I usually promote the draft to found from the draft list on geocaching.com. If it happens again I'll know where to look. Thanks.