Skip to main content
Topic: Brighter highlight colors (Read 67 times) previous topic - next topic

Brighter highlight colors

Hi

The highlight colors are all much like the map colors and therefore are not very visible.
Is it possible to have more bright colors to choose from? Maybe even make then user definable in the settings

Best regards
Picht

Re: Brighter highlight colors

Reply #2
They were designed as background shading for rows in a list, not really as visible items on the map. If darker, then you wouldn't be able to read the text.

Ah, then it makes sense.

I would really like to highlight the caches on the map to be able to see the caches I have highlighted in comparison to the other caches.

If the user defined shading would do this then it would be great.
Another option would be to be able to switch off the color coding of the caches and use this color label for the highlights?

Reply #4
OK, but for my use I would need to have the caches highlighted on the map.

My use case:
I have selected a number of caches that I want to find.
While in the area I want to be able to see what other caches there are and where they are placed in relation to the ones I want to find. That's where the highlight come into play.

Reply #6
I know that option, but you can't see the highlighted caches properly on the map.

Se attached image. Here I can easily see 3 caches I want to find and can then see which caches might be nearby on the way.
I had this on my Garmin GPS and I'm still missing to have this on a app  :)

/Picht

Reply #8
Yes, but the highlight is barely visible on the map.
And in a big city with hundreds of caches they are not sticking out and hence you can't see where they are without having to look at each one of them

Reply #10
For the lists the highlight colors are fine.

My wish was to have more bright colors when highlighting caches on the map.

Reply #11
Looking at the screenshots attached.
There are 3 caches that are highlighted, but it is almost impossible to see them on the map.  ;)
Looking at the list doesn't help me see them on the map

Reply #12
With a map density like that there is no way anyone could make caches stand out via color.

You can zoom in, you can turn on dark map, you can turn off favorites badges... anything to reduce visual complexity. Turning highlights into bold colors will just mess up usability of lists by hindering ability to read text.

Reply #13
I see your point with the colors on the lists.

A couple of suggestions:
  • Make the colors user definable in the settings. With a warning that warns people to not make to bright colors. Then it is up to the user to find a color that suits both if needed. One of the strengths of this app is (imho) all the different settings you can do to customise the app so suit your needs.
  • Use the left part that is now used to color code the caches according to difficulty for the highlight. User defined off course. Until now I haven't met anyone that uses the color coding feature and most I asked didn't know what the colors were anyway. This would not hinder the usability of the lists.

Well, this was just a request to make the app even more usable for more people  :)
But I don't think you agree, so I'll just continue using GSAK/GPS for this mapping functionality

/Picht