Skip to main content
Topic: Offline map not showing up with custom theme (Read 444 times) previous topic - next topic

Offline map not showing up with custom theme

I was planning to post this in the other thread, but it was locked.

I've been using a map from OpenAndroMaps with the Elevate theme for a while now. Recently there was an update that added theme customizability. This was something I've wanted for a long time, and had even requested. The problem is that this update also broke the theme I was using. As you can see from my pictures, the map only shows up if I choose the " " theme, which presumably is a default setting. The default setting is not bad per se, but does not have contour lines. Since I live in a place with lots of elevation changes, it is a must-have for me.

I am not using an SD card, even if the directory says externalstorage for some reason. Everything is stored internally on my Samsung Galaxy S10+.

Re: Offline map not showing up with custom theme

Reply #1
Try reselecting the offline maps folder. Press the folder button next to the field, then press the Android button to allow Geooh access to the folder. When done then there should be a small progress window indicating map files are being set up. After that, see if the theme is working and let me know.

Until Mapsforge updates their software to support the latest Android storage methods, Geooh has to move theme files around internally. I tried to get Geooh do this automatically on the new release, but maybe that didn't occur.

This also works with the SD card.

Reply #3
I've already tried reselecting the folder. I do get the progress bar, but this does not fix the issue. Fairly sure I even tried reinstalling the entire Geooh app, to no avail.

I've attached some pictures of what the same map looks like in Locus. Excuse all the POIs on the map, I couldn't figure out how to disable them (never used the app before).

(Again it says sdcard, but it's actually on internal storage)

Reply #5
Here is c:geo.

(The theme loaded fine in geooh go too before the update, just without customizability.)

Reply #6
I finally found where the issue was... Geooh wasn't properly enabling the theme background. It's been corrected and should fix the issue you reported. I'll publish a new release in the next day or so.

Thanks for the clear examples and explanation... took me longer than I wanted to find what Mapsforge was wanting for the theme, but all should be good with the new version.

Reply #7
Map themes work much better in version 11.4.4!
Thank you!

If I catch a specific bug now, it will probably be easier to find.

Reply #8
Thanks for the feedback. I was planning on checking with you to see if the update fixed it for you. My testing showed virtually identical map displays as c:geo... the only differences were street names showing, but I think that was based on minor zoom differences which causes Mapsforge to display differently.