Skip to main content
Topic: Themes and choices for offline maps (Read 1657 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Themes and choices for offline maps

Reply #30
I think I have found the reason, why it was so slow.

In my map folder, I had the mapsforge maps from Freizeitkarte and from OpenAndroMaps. Both in same folder
I now tried it only with the mapfiles from freizeitkarte. And now it seems to be faster.

But still the elevate theme dont work on my side.

Reply #31
Well, there are some BIG files in there that Geooh may be trying to copy. What are the .db and .poi files? I need to filter those out if not needed for themes. Can you zip the directory and send to me so I can see what's in there.

Try a test with a folder only having elevate in it.

Reply #32
Sorry I cannot sent you this directory. These are maps files, that are very big.

You can download them directly from the side of Freizeitkarte and OpenAndroMaps I have linked at first posting of this thread.

The other files where with the maps, points of interest and so.

But I will again try it.

Reply #33
I tried the elevate theme just with the OAM map file and still the same, dont works on my side ...

Reply #35
I even download elevate new from the website.

With Locus it works well with the same map file.

And such a file in the directory is a map form mapsforge maps and it is up to 1 GB or more. This is to big to send via email and it is the same that you can download on the OpenAndroMap Webside. Also the theme is from there. Nothing different ...

Reply #36
This is the theme I us:

Reply #37
The elevate4 theme from you seems to work. Seems to be another as I downloaded-

Reply #38
The problem could be the 2 different Mapsforge Maps files. Freizeitkarte needs another than OAM. And I cannot choose witch of them, so GeoohGo analysis both in the folder and this causes the freeze.

When I can choose manually the map file, it could work.

Maybe multiple offline Map files should be the goal to solve the problem.

Reply #39
Try version 11.3.6 that came out. I could not find a workable solution in instances like yours where there were lots of theme files to deal with... the copying internally just slowed things down too much. So, I downgraded Geooh to not fully support Android 11 and hacked some internals to trick Mapsforge to use the storage area used for maps. I'm not fully confident something else won't be broken, but it's the best I could do until Mapsforge fully supports later Android versions. When they do I can get Geooh fully compliant again.

Let me know.

Reply #40
I made a small test of the new version.

I remark that the multiple theme is gone in options. Also you cannot choose the theme options.

Everything you have implemented seems to be gone and don't works at all.

Reply #41
And system warming of to much akku consuming and problems with the app appears again.

Reply #42
I don't know what the warning is... Geooh is the same app as before, the only thing changed is the map themes. Previously, the copying of so many large map files could have caused it, but the current release no longer does that.

Try deselecting offline maps and reselect (or restart). Or selecting a different map folder to force Geooh to rebuild internals. I'll look into why themes are not immediately showing.

Are you using an SD card? Try moving to internal storage. Google has been discouraging developers from using SD cards for app storage and with the new security limitations they may not support it later.

Reply #43
I try to deselect and select or new. Make restart. Same Problem. No theme options.

In last version it worked, but now the are gone.

I don't want to use large map files on internal space. On SD I have more space and it worked there before. And I use it without problems on SD till now.

Reply #44
Now I put some maps and themes to internal memory for a test.

There everything works well as it should.

On SD card it is the problem, that the themes are not shown any more. In the version before the themes worked on SD Card.

You see that on the screenshots I posted before.

I don't want to use internal space due to the lower space. And it worked before and also with other apps.